The William de Warenne Chairs

The chairs were purchased in 1945 when the Lodge was founded and remained in use until it moved to Uckfield. They were then stored in a barn and retrieved by John, our Almoner, and taken to his home where he has worked very hard to restore them.

WM & SW Original.jpg JW Original.jpg

The Chairs as they looked when recovered from storage.

Once John had finished they looked a lot better but our current Masonic Centre said that despite a promise made a few years ago they would not be able to take them in.

After a few months searching our Secretary found a home for them at The East Brighton Masonic Centre, Peacehaven (also known as Jerrom Hall).

Fortunately one of our Brethren had access to a van so on Thurs 19th Sept 2019 they were delivered and installed at the Centre by William and Chris. Below are some photos of the chairs in their new home.

William Unloading .jpg

 JW and SW Jerome.jpg  JW and WM Jerrom 2.jpg

SW Level closeup.jpg  WM Square closeup.jpg  JW closeup.jpg

We were invited to the East Brighton Masonic Centre (EBMC) on the occasion of the Installation meeting of the Severn Sisters Lodge of Installed Masters to formally hand over the Chairs to the centre. Here are a few pictures of the event. 

JW and SW Chairs.jpegWM's Chair.jpeg

The Junior Wardens, Senior Wardens and Masters Chairs in their new home ready to receive the Brethren 

Paul in JW Chair.jpeg           Master in Chair.jpeg

 W. Bro. Paul Gosling, our secretary, in the J.W. chair.  The newly installed Master together with the DPGM.

Updated:-17/05/20

 

 

countercountercountercountercountercounter